My first Blog ever and I'm very proud! Its birth is revealed here

The idea of my blog name Swimming in Words came to me after watching The Social Network (2010) movie. The main character of the movie based on facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg has inspired me to follow what I'm passionate about. This is what I tweeted for the occasion.

"Watching the Social Network tonight came at the right venture in my life, especially when I failed at an internal job interview. 11:17 PM Nov 24th, 2010 via web"

So while I was washing the dishes the next day, I thought to myself I should do what that guy did in the movie and follow my passion, which is fiction novel writing. This dream is in my head for years and still is, but until an actual published novel in my name materialize, I'll keep dreaming on. But the main part of my brain was thinking like this (It's almost been SIX month from the naming of my blog in my head: to actually taking action and actually doing it- so the below is an enactment of what did happen):

Introducing my brain JUICY

Juicy: I want to follow my passion like that guy in the Social Network #^%$^%$%%^*^8^%#@ I need a blog.
Juicy: What should I call it?
Juicy:  the name should combine my love for sea and creative writing.
Juicy: Swimming for Words, maybe, Swimming with words is better. As Swimming with words is a partnership, the writer i.e me creating words and also swimming in them.
Juicy: Swimming with Words it is, for its analogy above and encouraging me as the writer to write.

But today when I rethought what I decided what to call my blog two option came to my mind (mind you I wish I wrote what I decided in that dish washing thinking day on Thurs. 25th Nov 2010). The first option is Swimming with Words and the 2nd is Swimming in Words. I chose Swimming in Words because this time I thought differently and I took the ‘Me’ swimming in the sea example. I can swim in the sea but it would be funny or incorrect to swim with the sea. For me it felt wrong to say “I’m gonna swim with the sea” correct answer is “I’m gonna swim in the sea”. And another logic comes to me is when I swim in words I immerse myself in the words, and like the sea the more relaxed I’m the better the sea will carry me above its surface, I won’t drawn in it; I’ll be effortlessly floating.  And the theme of this blog tie in with my twitter account Creativefishi which I created before this blog. What is important is that I’m 100% sure what I decided last year about the words: Swimming Words. But I’m not sure what the word in-between Swimming Words was. Is it: with, in or even for. That tells me that I never been a good student in predisposition.

Both arguments above hold equal weight and sense: Swimming with Words and Swimming in Words. The world work in mysterious ways I call it fate you might call it something different, but as a writer I should go where my fingers leads me. I have more interesting stories in my brain but when I try to write them on paper they are always different from what I imagined.  I never ever will be able to photocopy exact copy the stories in my head into paper. It will never be the same no matter how hard I try. So for the sake of actually writing a novel, I accept that what I will write does not have to be like how I exactly imagined it, but accept how the story on paper develops and organically transform.

I can do some swimming movements in short and shallow places. And in my writing I have written short unpublished short stories circa 3000 words and I had shown it to my creative writing class-- if I ever find the draft I’ll try to publish it. So I have learned how to swim in my twenties and until now I haven’t master it, for the fear of the deep end and also I haven’t learned how to control my breathing. In running there are sprinters and there are marathon runners, and each one of them has different techniques and preparation to follow. In my preparation for my writing journey I chose the long distance form to write: the Novel.

Comments

1st Book Review: Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe (Fiction Novel)

What is the difference between TV Soap & TV Drama?

Why I’m watching My Kitchen Rules, and it isn’t for the cooking

I'm back to blog