1st Book Review: Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe (Fiction Novel)

I rarely read young adult fiction books but Steph Bowe changed my mind, her wisdom and knowledge is beyond her young life. She wrote Girl Saves Boy when she was in her high school.

When I started reading her novel after I read the publisher blurb at the back of the book, I told myself how can she (the writer) solve or bring the reader to satisfying end when the tragedies are laid out at the book blurb and at the beginning of the book?

But she did, and she did it well, it is not perfect but she managed to capture the fragile human spirit, that I thought you can only write about it if you have unhappy childhood and rugged life experience.

The last two pages of her book are breathtaking and hers are one of my favorite ending of books I read previously, it captures teenagers’ spirit and sense of humour. Only read it when you got the plot from beginning to end to get its full effect.

The basic plot of the book is: A teenager boy called Sacha, his Leukemia came back and his mother died last year. To cope with his life he steals garden gnomes as a hobby. The girl Jewel who saves him from drowning in the lake has just moved to his suburb and his school.

Maybe I’ve given away too much of the plot, but the point is Steph Bowe made me interested to know what’s next can be there in this story other than misery and doom for these characters? We always hear the cliché life is too short, but does it really matter how life is short or long it is?

Book: Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe http://www.stephbowe.com/p/girl-saves-boy.html

Comments

1st Book Review: Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe (Fiction Novel)

What is the difference between TV Soap & TV Drama?

Why I’m watching My Kitchen Rules, and it isn’t for the cooking

I'm back to blog